Montag, 17. Dezember 2018

LCSC Components | My thoughts

Last week, I got surprisingly early my ordered parts from LCSC. I should probably mention, that Im not affiliated with LCSC in any way. I just want to share my opinion with a shop that I didn't use before.

As you may have already seen in one of my recent posts, I'm assembling a huge amount of DIY FrSky compatible receivers. Some of the parts are quite expensive (about 2.5€ each) in reasonable quantities from my usual suppliers Mouser and Digikey. This time I wanted to try one of the more trusted chinese suppliers. I have some experience with parts from Aliexpress (especially rf ones) and most of them where not worth the cost saving. This time however I ordered as already mentioned from LCSC. No hugely critical components just resistors, capacitors, some ICs (and a reel of 5000 resistors just for kicks ~5€). In total I spend about 80€ including shipping cost to Germany. The cost savings in my case are about 65% compared to the same amount of parts from my already trusted suppliers. Maybe I just had luck, but the next day the order was already marked as shipped. I have not paid any extra fees for express shipping or anything like that so that was quite impressive. Again probably having luck, my order arrived only 2 weeks after the payment at my destination. I expected the parcel to be delivered to the local customs office because of the value. Over here in Germany it's quite common to pay the customs afterwards, so you should consider that already during the shopping. In my case, I pre-calculated the possible amount that they could have charged me. But still the cost saving was so high, that I thought, it's worth a try. I can't tell at the moment how the parts will perform and whether they are out of spec or not but I will give an update to that for sure. All I can say at this point is, that they arrived in a pretty well packed box and individually labeled.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen