Mittwoch, 28. September 2016

New power supply!

Say hello to my new precision laboratory power supply! I lusted after a good precision and adjustable power supply for years. Finally a week ago I decided to look after one that does fit my requirements. I was searching for at least two adjustable outputs, constant current and voltage mode, a sequencing funktion and a nice user interface. Of cause you'll find a lot of power supplys with these specs as they are really common, but on the user interface side most of them suck. The probably worst UI I've ever used was a Siglent unit and according to a few YouTube videos nothing has changed in the newer models, they still suck. For power supplys with that price to performance ratio a shame... Next brand on my list was GWInstek. Unfortunately these units are waaay out of my budget, so I continued with Korad units. Because I used these power supplys before I already knew their value.
Most of the smaller units only have one output and only 'for the price adequate' precision. But I still left them in mind in case I don't find something more suitable. Then I considered buing a used Rigol as they are a dream to use an really well build. You may have seen my hacked Rigol Oscilloscope on some of my other Blogs and I'm really in love with the usabillity and specs. Buying a new unit wasn't worth thinking about... About 900€ are really high for a hobby use powersupply. But after searching on eBay I found a auction for a DP831A. I placed it on my viewing list and stopped searching for that night. The next day the auction was going to end. I placed my bid and suprisingly got the unit for a reasonable price.

Just a few days later the unit arrived in good shape. I hope the supply will be worth the money I spend for my usecases.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen