Montag, 5. September 2016

MC3D - First Take-off

I finally had some spare time to complete the MC3D project. After a lot of issues I had with the Firmware like Failsave and Pinconfig everything seems to work just fine now. All missing 3D printed parts and motors got attached. 
First start! 
I carefully armed the board and pushed the throttle stick gently upwards. I'm flying mode 1 by the way. The rotors started spinning and with just a little more throttle he took off the ground. The stabilisation system did his job really well and apart from the really way too high control rates I had nothing to complain. PID wise I'm using Luxfloat and standard betaflight parameters.
After this first successfull flight I attached the cheap Banggood FPV camera to the frame with some Hotsnod and connected all the neccessary wireing. I used this camera before and it's one of the best FPV cameras I've seen so far. And also with just about 9$ you get a wide angle camera that actually performs like a really large and also often expensive one.
I then set up my FPV-Goggles. After checking everything I took off again. This time with the Goggles in front of my eyes. And as I expected I got lines crossing my field of view as soon as I the Motor PWM kicks in. They are actualy so strong visible that I can't event take off. So a filter for the camera and Video transmitter is neccessary to solve this. 
To become some idea about the actual size of the problem, I attached my Scope and took a closer look to the unregulated Powerrail. 



As clearly visible the 32kHz PWM takes the biggest part of the entire noise.
Of cause I did a first job by adding some capacitance across each motor while designing the circuit, but as clearly visible some noise found it's way out. 
Because I don't know how the more sensitive parts on the PCB react to that, I plan to filter right at the motors to reduce the overall noise level. Hopefully the FPV issue can be solved as well by doing so. That's it unfortunately for today about the MC3D. All I can say so far is that I'm really proud of this little guy. I hope you liked the small update on that project. More stuff coming up soon!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen